I love France but I have never been there... my life is New Zealand is about 24 hours flight away...

Join me if you love to travel in your mind and appreciate all things French whilst being based firmly in 'your ordinary life'.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

NZ Herald " A French Affair".....oh la la!!

In todays NZ Herald is an article about Amanda Taylor-Ace, originally from Devonport in Auckland who, 12 years ago or so upped sticks and made her way to live in Provence. What a life - she has developed a neat old traditional style farm house into a kind of B&B and markets her rooms and tours (cooking, walking etc).

The article has a great line in it - "In the short time I have spent with her, she has me privately questioning the choices I am making in my life"- don't we all know that feeling!! Here is a lady who is living her life and living her own dreams in technicolour and you have to respect that.

http://www.joiedevivre-unlimited.com/

I had heard about Amanda - she is talked about regularly in books by an Aussie woman who has written a couple of really funny travel books about France. Check out Anne Rickards book "Ooh La La! A French Romp"...

No comments:

Post a Comment