I love France but I have never been there... my life is New Zealand is about 24 hours flight away...

Join me if you love to travel in your mind and appreciate all things French whilst being based firmly in 'your ordinary life'.

Friday, January 28, 2011

French songs by Celine Dion

Let me confess right up front that I am a bit of a Celine fan - not as die hard as some others surely are but ok, I have some CD's and ok, my partner did shout me a ticket to see her over in Australia (alas, its was the one concert she cancelled...). As a joke today when he was in the Warehouse he saw her CD in a pile of cheap stock and bought it for me - 'Ne Partez Pas Sans Moi'- not reading or understanding French means I have to imagine what that titles about and more interestingly, what each song is about....

I have one of her CD's thats a live in concert one and I singggggg along, making up the words as I go. No doubt I would be bitterly disappointed if I did know the words, its much better in my imagination as she can be singing about anything, but knowing Celine, its about LOVE...

No comments:

Post a Comment